Saturday, January 8, 2011

Buying Summary Paintings

Shopping for and amassing abstract portray generally is a labor of love. I love summary paintings. I believe that my favourite medium is gouache. I lately purchased a work from Oscar Bluemner. The person I purchased the abstract painting from had it in storage for over twenty years. I'm going to hold this piece in my office.

I found an oil abstract portray that was dated 1947 that was painted by Louis Bassi Siegriest. I preferred the composition, it felt oddly soothing. The artist signed the back of the painting. It was slightly out of my price range, but I purchased it anyway.

Commerce Winds is the identify of an abstract painting I bought from the artist Joanne Riddle whereas I used to be in Connecticut. The piece was enormous and I needed to have it despatched by freight to my home. The blue in the painting was so vivid. The entire composition was completely inspired.

I bought an abstract portray for my sister-in-regulation last year. The artist of the piece was Leonardo Nierman and the medium he used was oil. I bought the piece unframed and took my sister-in-law to framer to choose the frame.

I tried to buy an abstract painting from the mayor of our town. I offered him two thousand dollars for the modernist abstract colourful figure. The artist used pink, white and blue and I wished to amass this for my stepmother. She would have cherished it, however the mayor was unwilling to part with it.

My mother has decorated her residence in a style that she favored in Santa Fe. I purchased a big summary painting for her from her favourite artist, Lou Monti. She has seen his work in numerous properties and always raves about them. She was so comfortable when she noticed the portray I bought for her hanging on the wall of her dwelling room.

I dated a guy once that had a signed summary portray by Robert Gilberg on his wall. I noticed something different every time I noticed it. That painting had an attraction that I just can’t quite explain. He was at all times shopping for artwork and altering out summary paintings on his partitions, but this specific piece at all times stayed. I guess he was attracted to it as well.

The abstract portray that I bought for my older brother didn't work in his apartment. I ended up buying a portray that was slightly too massive for the room it was supposed for. The colours didn't work in the only room that labored for its size.

I ended up selling that abstract painting the same place that I had bought it, on eBay! I ended up making a profit on the summary painting. There was extra data in my public sale concerning the artist, Richard Diebenkorn, than there had been in the auction that I won. I believe the extra hour of research I spent made the summary portray’s worth increase.

I learned a long time in the past that an abstract painting is worth exactly as a lot as somebody is prepared to pay for it. I have associates that just cannot be convinced of this basic truth. I think that if no one desires a specific summary painting, then it's value nothing.

My brother used the money from the sale of the undesirable summary portray to search out himself another abstract painting. He ended up with an summary collage that was made within the late 1930s. I preferred it once I saw it and it labored beautifully in his office.

To know more, here

No comments: