Monday, March 3, 2008

Get Your Smartphone Smart Again with MemoryUp Standard Edition Mobile RAM & Memory Booster

I have to admit that Nokia N70 is nice and convenient. As a kind of smart phone, what it is able to do is far more than just making calls and receiving short messages. As many other users, I downloaded lots of software and installed them on it, hoping it could be smarter. But after no more than a month, when I switch an application to anther, it will become really slow, or even the operating system will pause. I called the Nokia service center for help. But they just suggested me to uninstall some of the applications. That s nonsense. I searched the information through the internet and I knew the reason caused my cell phone no longer so much smart was the memory can not be managed in a good way. For a smart phone, there are dozens of JVM (Java Virtual Machine) based programs running in the front-end or back-end. When you run an application, the operating system will allocate certain space for it in the RAM. What is RAM? That s short for the Random Access Memory, which is used to store the information quickly. OK, if you run application A, then the system gives it 20% space in the RAM. And 25% for the application B. Now it only have 55% RAM to run the other applications, which used to take 100% RAM to do. It is natural the system will become quite snow. My analogy maybe too simple, but it makes sense. And as a matter of fact, what makes things worse is that even if you close an application after using it, the memory could not be set free totally, some of the memory will still be taken for nothing. Which means, after running the application A, the 20% space in the RAM can not be free as quickly as you want, maybe 5% of it is always be taken. Then I decided to try the eMobistudio s MemoryUp, a small tool to manage the memory effectively. The MemoryUp is designed for taking control of JVM for each smart phone system, smartly analyze running programs (including hidden programs), automatically allocate and recover occupied RAM, and boost system to its best performance. In cases that some JVM based applications are no longer active on your smart phone, like I ve mentioned above, the 5% percent memory taken for nothing, MemoryUp can reclaim lost resources and put them to better use. By reclaiming resources, the smartphone does not need to access the hard drive frequently. Besides Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, it can fully support the Symbian system. And it also has edition for BlackBerry system. Generally speaking, with the effective allocation of memory to execute programs, and the avoiding of breaking down and becoming slow, it will make your cell performances better as a whole. As it for me, my Nokia has become smart again. Now I can switch from different applications as I want, without worrying it will break down.

No comments: